Railway Hotel, Pulborough.
Blaster Percy Kitchen.
Photograph made available by Sussex On Line Parish Clerks.
The first railway to reach Pulborough ran between Horsham and Petworth. It was opened on 10 October 1859 and was then extended to Midhurst in 1866. The Railway Hotel opened opposite the station at Pulborough in 1859.
Passenger train services to Midhurst and Petersfield were withdrawn in 1955, leaving just the Arun Valley Line serving Pulborough. The goods yard was closed in the mid 1960’s and converted into a car park. The goods shed is now a car repair centre.
The Railway Hotel was probably demolished in the 1950’s or 1960’s, when site was developed as the Station Approach Industrial Estate.