Greyhound Hotel, 74 East Street, Brighton.
Blaster S. W. Morel.
Photograph made available by the James Gray collection/Regency Society.
The Greyhound Inn was built on the corner of East Street and Pool Valley in 1780, replacing an earlier Inn known as the Blue Anchor that had been in existence from at least 1658. The Greyhound was built in the style of many Brighton houses of the late 18th century.
The Greyhound is now known as The Fishbowl. It contains art commissioned by young local designers, a collection of vintage furniture, and a fully fledged fishbowl.