Railway Hotel, 1 Friars Walk, Lewes.
Blower F. C. Smith.
The Railway Inn was opened in 1848 next to the old railway station, as many visitors to Lewes had complained about the lack of accommodation close to the station, and within ear-shot of the railway bell.
The pub is now in private residential use. In 1858 & 1867 it was listed as the Old Station Inn, and in 1901 as the Old Railway Inn.